9/19/12

Cheapest way to kick start your K1-K2 child reading

 

What is the cheapest way to train out children to read????  My personal experience ..


Dear all.

I do personally experience this issue that my daughter cannot read at a late stage which is during the end of Nov of her K1 school. I was astonished and upset that my little one cannot read... it is very worrying...I was partically piss off with her teacher which she should at least have informed me earlier.. She did mention that my child was lacked behind other kids ...

After talking to her teacher and my hubby we decide a few routes to the solution..
We have to ensure that she is able to read.. by reading books to her will not help much it will only assist her to depend on us to read for her...

reading to her is only to create her interest to read.. which is more suitable for younger kids.. at her age 6 , she should know how to read simple word etc...

We have few alternative
1) Is to send her last min to " I can read" which will cost us a bomb
and it may not even be suitable for her, or she may reject the teaching

2) Buy the high frequency book from Popular which cost less than SGD$10 DURING the year.
there are flash card behind..

We choose the 2nd option.. If you persist and dicipline yourself and your kid... you will succeed...

I do let my little one tear out the first set of cards...( they are in different colour) the basic ones only..
And i continue to flash to her repeatly for 2 weeks ... follow by playing with her on the card games.. like fishing out the word...after i request her to read out the words that I pick.. how much she score etc and let her win at times :) and turn the card and by memory find the words... etc
 this continue for 2 months..

FYI, i did not really touch on the chapters on the book initially afraid to frighten her... it was after that :) when she is more confident, i started her on the chapters going thru with her..

I realise sometime children misbehave is to " run away from some issue or problem" like my daughter she will create some mischevious but after she handle her problem, she is much well behave.. try it

And She can read now and crazy over books :)

No comments: